On the northern side of campus off of Grey Road is Erwin Lodge, a stone building with a large open space and small kitchen used for small gatherings.
In keeping with the conditions established when it was given as a gift to the college, special consideration is given to use by the local community.
The building was constructed in 1945-1946 as a memorial to two brothers killed in World War II. The gift was from Mr. and Mrs. E.J. Erwin for their two sons, George Erwin '36 and Edward Erwin, Jr. '43. Mr. Erwin was an English professor at Davidson from 1920 to 1954 and Mrs. Erwin was a librarian at the college from 1942 to 1956.
Erwin Lodge is located at 1345 Grey Road. The entrance is on the west side of Grey Road, marked with a college sign. Follow the gravel drive to the lodge. Parking is available along the drive.