The primary classroom building and the academic center of campus, Chambers Building houses most of the classrooms for non-arts and non-science majors.
The building additionally houses several administrative offices as well as the majority of faculty offices.
Maxwell Chambers generously left his inheritance of $260,000 to Davidson in 1855 laying the monetary foundation for the original building. Old Chambers burned in 1921 and construction of "new" Chambers was completed in 1929. Chambers was renovated in 1966-1967 and again in 2004.
- Lilly Family Gallery
- Hance Auditorium
- Richardson Plaza
- Baxter Davidson Room
- Dunbar Computer Lab
- McCall Computer Lab
- Hines Family Student Lounge
- Raymond W. Oeland Language Center
- Learning Resource Center
Located at 200 D Road, Chambers Building is the large building at the center of campus. Parking is available along Main Street, Concord Road or in public parking at Baker Sports Complex.