Davidson College Presbyterian Church
Davidson College was founded by Presbyterians in 1837 and until the early 1970s, chapel was a requirement for all students.
Though the days of mandatory chapel are gone, Davidson is still affiliated with the Presbyterian Church-USA. The original Davidson College Presbyterian Church (DCPC), which was built in 1885, was demolished in 1950 to make way for the current building, completed in 1952. The sanctuary seats up to 1,200.
Located on the west side of Davidson College Presbyterian Church along Main Street, the chapel seats up to 150 and is used not only for Presbyterian services, but for worship of other denominations including a weekly Catholic Mass and occasional ecumenical services.
Lingle Chapel of the Davidson College Presbyterian Church offers a peaceful environment that all members of the college community may use for prayer and meditation.
It is named for Walter L. Lingle, Class of 1892 and Davidson College President, 1929-1941.
For more information about services, visit the Davidson College Presbyterian Church (DCPC) website.
Located at 102 North Main Street, Davidson College Presbyterian Church is on the corner of Main Street and Concord Road. The sanctuary entrance faces the college quadrangle. Parking is available in the Baker Sports Complex lot, the Visual Arts Center parking area (entered from Delburg Street), and, during non-business hours, in the Information Technology Services parking area. Limited parking is also available along Main and Concord Road.