Elm and Oak Row
Elm and Oak Row were built in 1836 as dormitories for 16 students each and are among the oldest buildings on campus.
Elm and Oak Row later served as the infirmary, a fraternity, student organization offices and home of the Music and Art Departments. Today both buildings are used for meeting and classroom space. Elm and Oak were placed on the National Historic Register in 1977.
Elm and Oak Row are located in the "Old Quad," along Main Street between Davidson College Presbyterian Church and Cunningham Fine Arts Building. Oak Row is closer to Main Street. Elm Row is closer to Chambers Building. Parking is available along Main Street or in the Visual Arts Center lot off of Jackson Street.