Guidelines for Internal Requests to Contact Alumni
The Office of Alumni and Family Engagement (AFE) is committed to supporting our partners across campus as we work collectively to engage our alums.
AFE is also committed to protecting alumni data and contact information and upholding the college’s legal obligations with respect to that data. Accordingly, AFE has instituted these guidelines and corresponding form to manage internal requests for alumni contact information and maintain documentation of those requests.
Faculty and staff who wish to communicate with alums via a contact list should follow these guidelines:
- Complete the contact information request form at least two weeks in advance of the date the information is needed.
- All contact lists will be shared via link to a Google spreadsheet and must be used within one week of receipt, after which the link will expire. Contact information and preferences change often, therefore, the lists are only considered accurate for a brief period of time.
- All contact lists will exclude confidential constituents, those who have requested not to be contacted by the college, and anyone for whom we do not have updated contact information.
- If during the course of your contact with alumni, you receive information that AFE would need to know, please forward that information to email@example.com. Examples of such information include updated contact or employment information, opinions about the College, requests to limit contact from the college, etc.
- If you are planning an event and want to invite alums, please contact the Office of Alumni and Family Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-894-2110.
- If you have questions about these guidelines or the request form, please contact email@example.com.