Nomination Scholarships, the most competitive awards Davidson offers, recognize and reward students who rank among the strongest in the nation.
You must be nominated for consideration. School counselors, principals/heads of school, or college access program leadership may nominate up to two candidates per school or program for the Belk Scholarship, and up to three candidates each for the Bryan Scholarship or the Charles Scholarship. You may also be nominated by The Davidson Admission Committee on the basis of your strong application for admission.
Nomination Scholarships are renewable for each of your remaining three years at Davidson, providing established grade point average and progress toward degree requirements are met, and you participate fully and vigorously in the life of the college.
John M. Belk Scholarship
- Annual Award Amount: Comprehensive cost (tuition, fees, room and board) plus two special opportunity stipends of $3,000 each
- Number Awarded: Up to eight in each first-year class
- Eligibility: Students who demonstrate exceptional achievement and promise in academics, character, leadership and service
Lowell L. Bryan Scholarship
- Award Amount: Full tuition and fees
- Number Awarded: One female and one male scholar-athlete recipient in each first-year class
- Eligibility: Students who will contribute in a superlative manner to their sports as well as to academic and co-curricular life at Davidson
- Annual Award Amount: Full cost of attendance (room, board, tuition, fees, spending allowance for books, travel, personal expenses)
- Number Awarded: Up to three in each first-year class
- Eligibility: Graduates of Chicago public and charter high schools with strong records of academic and personal accomplishment who have established financial need. Preference is given to traditionally under-represented students, particularly Latinx and Hispanic students.