Alumni Association Board
The Alumni Association Board of Directors (AAB) serves as a liaison between alumni and our administration and staff to provide input on alumni activities, such as Reunion, Wildcat Weekend, chapter programming and the travel program, and leads alumni in honoring the achievements of fellow alumni.
As a reflection of the alumni body, the board provides the college with insights into alumni sentiment on various issues concerning the college. The work of the board is primarily engagement, not policy-making, advisory or governance. The Board divides into working groups based upon what is perceived as the greatest need at the time.
The board is charged with the important task of presenting a slate of alumni candidates to run for seats on the College's Board of Trustees as well as for AAB president. Of the 30-45 trustees of the college, four are elected by the college's alumni—a privilege few colleges offer. Taking into account that the president and the president-elect also serve on the Board of Trustees, Davidson alumni elect more than 13 percent of all Trustees.
The board president and vice-presidents also are elected every other year by alumni. By voting, alumni become involved in the decisions that affect the life of the college and the experiences of both current students and fellow alumni. They join a collective voice to shape the future of Davidson.
The Alumni Board consists of decade representatives (one per thousand living alumni in each decade), a faculty representative, the senior class president, and the officers. The president, president-elect, vice presidents, vice presidents-elect and secretary comprise the officers or executive committee. All members of the board serve four-year terms, except for the senior class president who serves one year and the secretary who serves indefinitely while in the role of director of Alumni and Family Engagement.
- Virgil Fludd '80, president (Tyrone, GA)
- Raye Lynn Alford '85, vice president (Houston, TX)
- Jean Boehmler Reynolds '98, vice president (Bryn Mawr, PA)
- Maria Tardugno Aldrich '03, president-elect (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Dave Pottenger '79, vice-president elect (Durham, NC)
- Bob Evans '81, vice-president elect (Bethesda, MD)
- Deidra Smith, director of alumni and family engagement and ex-officio secretary (Davidson, NC)
- Gilmour Lake '58 (Winston-Salem, NC) - Term ending 2025
- Ervin Duggan '61 (Davidson, NC) - Term ending 2025
- DG Martin '62 (Chapel Hill, NC) - Term ending in 2024
- Tim Goodell '79 (New York, NY) - Term ending in 2024
- Ann Gray Harvey '78 (Birmingham, AL) - Term ending in 2024
- Sabrina Walton '88 (Stone Mountain, GA) - Term ending in 2023
- Bobby Bowers '93 (Davidson, NC) - Term ending in 2023
- Edwin "Winn" Maddrey III '91 (Charlotte, NC) - Term ending in 2023
- Anissa Patton '91 (Newnan, GA) - Term ending 2025
- Angelina Darrisaw '09 (Aventura, FL) - Term ending in 2023
- Prof. Lauren Stutts '05, faculty representative (Cornelius, NC) - Term ending in 2023
- Cary Wright '09 (Houston, TX) - Term ending in 2023
- Mbye Njie '04 (Atlanta, GA)- Term ending in 2024
- Adriana Nassar '13 (Los Angeles, CA) - Term ending in 2023
- Haley Rhodes Clement '16 (Arlington, VA) - Term ending in 2023
- Gerard Dash '12 (Atlanta, GA) - Term ending in 2023
- Dara Ferguson '17 (Queens, NY) - Term ending in 2023
- Caroline Roddey '20 (Washington, DC) - Term ending 2025
Senior Class President
- Samantha Ewing '23 - Term ending in 2023